Why work with us?
Medway NHS Foundation Trust is located on the north coast of Kent with less than an hour by train to London. It is also connected to an excellent road network enabling easy access across the south east of England and further afield, including Europe, just 21 miles from the Kent coast.
Medway NHS Foundation Trust is one of four acute hospital trusts in Kent and Medway. We employ around 4,400 members of staff and we are supported by around 400 active volunteers and 25 governors. We currently have around 10,800 public foundation trust members.
The hospital mainly serves the population of Medway (279,000) and Swale (151,000). This includes several areas of high social deprivation – consequently, health needs are higher here than in other parts of Kent.
Medway was the first Trust in Kent to achieve foundation trust status in April 2008.
Established R&I Infrastructure
- 30 team members, GCP trained and experienced in delivering clinical trials ranging from observational to Phase II. They include nurses and allied health professionals with dedicated Clinical Trial Pharmacist and Technician.
- Dedicated governance team including Research Project Facilitators.
- Capacity and capability reviewed ‘in house’.
- Vast experience in delivering commercial trials and innovative projects.
- Highest performing Trust in patient consenting to clinical trials within Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
- We encourage research and innovation in all specialities.
- Trust Executive Team engaged and supportive of developing research & innovation agenda.
- Engaged medical staff – Consultants, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals.
Close links with the local academia such as the University of Kent, Christ Church or the University of Greenwich.
We have experienced and flexible legal team who will negotiate the IP terms of any agreement.
We work with partners to identify suitable funding opportunities and where applicable submit joint applications.
Get in Touch
If you are interested in working with us or would like to visit our facilities and/or have a chat, please contact us using the form, or you can get in touch using the following details: